Saturday, November 17, 2012

Getting Back On Track

When I was in high school I ran cross country. Every fall, I would go from a couch potato to a runner. Every winter I would let it slide. During college, I stopped exercising almost completely, and as a result gained weight. Exercise was even harder when I was heavy, so why bother?

In the fall of 2011 I began boot camp classes. I had already lost some weight, but it began to fall off my body as I learned to work out. I ran two 5ks, and I was in good shape. I joined a gym once I moved to Connecticut, and I began boot camp classes again. Intense exercise helped me stay realty fit and happy. Over the summer on Block Island I biked and ran, and maintained my fitness for 2/3 of the summer. As the weather cooled down I let myself get lazy, and by fall I was not half as fit as I had been at the beginning of the summer.

Now, I have begun again. Since getting off the island, I have started boot camp again, started running again, and have more energy than ever. I ran 4 miles today, which is the longest period I've run since I was 14 years old. I did it in 41 minutes - next week I hope to do it in 40. I feel great! Positive choices lead to positive momentum.

No comments:

Post a Comment